1688

Fort Andross established, as a trading post for fur trappers and as a garrison built during King William’s war.

1715

Fort George, a stone fort, is built on the Fort Andros site to protect the settlers from Indians.

1809

Industrialist developers of the Brunswick Cotton Manufacturing Company harnessed the Androscoggin River’s power at the Pejepscot Falls and built the first cotton mill in Maine to make yarn.

1812

Purchased in 1812, the mill was enlarged by the Maine Cotton & Woolen Factory Company.

1835-1840

Brunswick Manufacturing Co. (start of what would become the Cabot Mill)-Granite Mill built 1834-35.

1845

Mill fails and Worumbo Company is incorporated by debt holders.

1848

Worumbo Company operates mill until failing in 1852.

1853

The Cabot Company organized to purchase mill and begins operation.

1857

The Cabot Manufacturing Company purchases mill at auction. Is made up of largely the same group of Boston investors as the previous company.

1890

Maine Street is moved to provide for further expansion of the Mill.

1930

By the 1930’s Cabot Mill employed over 1,100 workers in the textile manufacturing industry.

1941

Cabot Manufacturing Company sells mill to Verney Corporation. Verney ceased production in the mid-1950’s, putting 900 people out of work.

1986

The Mill was purchased by Coleman Burke and Waterfront Maine, and for the past 24 years it has undergone constant renovation.